Saturday, August 8, 2009

G.I. Jooooooe...Real American Hero!


I went to see G.I. Joe with my boyfriend who still harbors fondness for the iconic special forces para military figure. Of course, half way through the movie I gave up trying to be interested and fell asleep. As a person who really doesn't like action movies, I've been proved wrong by some of this and last years blockbusters that were full of heart, action, had great story lines, and kept we awake for sometimes more than two hours.

This is not that type of movie.

The only likeable character in the entire movie was Marlon Wayans, and I can't even remember his character's name in the movie. I was overall bored with the movie. The plot revolves around the stereotypical corporate bad guy who works for an organization called Mars, who develops weapons for NATO, (I know...the political agenda is astounding). The "Joes", as they are called, assembel with swords and million dollar mechanical suits to stop Mars from unleashing a biochemical agent, nanobyte, in Paris France. After completely demolishing Paris and its citizens the Joes save the day, and all is at peace except for I can't stop thinking about the good hard earned money that is now wasting because of the time I spent watching this trash.

See it if you just have to have that trip down memory lane. See it if your pissd at the world and just need to see shit blown up. See it if you're going on a date with a cute guy and you have a fetish about being felt-up in the movie theater. Aside from these reasons...stay home.

0 comments: