Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cindy's Got the Look


I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I'm a HUGE fan of She's Got the Look, a modeling reality show much like America's Next Top Model, only the models are 35 and older. The oldest model was a 72 year old grandmother. These women were sexy and beautiful in a way never before portrayed on television. My only fault with the show was that the higher end fashion names didn't come out in heavy support of the project.

TV Land brought this pioneering show to its second season and I ate up every minute. So often the media sets the standard of beauty at blonde hair-blue eyed-teenaged girls...what the hell do they think the rest of us do? Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and ages. And these women proved it.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the show at the beginning. I came in somewhere near the middle. I watched enough to hate Shelley, grow to love Leanne, and be inspired by Dolores. Although I liked Cindy, Leanne was definitely the winner. Every challenge proved to have some difficulty that only she endured, and no matter the situation, she handled it with grace. I mean, she had a monkey hump and piss on her!!! Cindy was a beautiful stiff who I feel lacks the requisite heft to make it in the modeling industry. Leanne was that bitch/diva that every love to hate and hates to love.

I wish all of them success, and hope like hell the show is still running when I turn 50 so I can put the twenty year old bitches to shame!!!

0 comments: