Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome to Blog-Nation


If you're reading this...you are probably a blogger. If you're not a blogger, you probably know someone who does. If you don't know someone who blogs (or think you don't) you probably regularly read a blog - and then I'm hoping that mine is your first choice! Everyday someone else I know is a newborn blogger.

Some consider this type of prose the lowest form of writing. Other think these rantings are the very fabric of destruction that is quickly eradicating any whiff of intelligence still remains in this country. Just this morning I came across my little sister's blog ( I knew if was her because, unlike me, she's decided not to be anonymous and I saw her picture). She only has one post, so here's hoping.

Most of us who blog do so for different reasons. Some are professional writers who crank out witty paragraphs with a paycheck that has more zeros than their blog has words. Some are attention seekers (uh hum...Perez Hilton). Some are lonely and want to rant to a world that doesn't care anyway (even though it's probably me...I'm not ready to admit it!), and others just want to improve their writing skills. (Who would be so nerdy???....)

Whoever you are, whatever your purpose....just know this....you're grandmother's probably a blogger!

0 comments: