Monday, July 20, 2009

Sookie and Bill


I proudly admit that I'm a self-respecting woman who indulges every Sunday night to the "Trueblood" trash phenomenom. I got hooked near the end of last season after my sister put me on to these post-bellum vampires in hot and humid Louisiana. Not only am I surprised that I can stomach a show about vampires, I've actually begun seeking out more vamp entertainment to hold me over until I get my next weekly fix.


I absolutely love Lafayette. I have been watching with lackluster enthusiasm because he's not the shit-poppin' homo thug from last season. But I can just satisfy myself with the fact that he's even alive (apparently in the book he does, in fact, die.) But I must get on to my main issue....Sookie and Bill. First of all, I can't stop staring at Sookie gap sitting dead in the middle of her face. Am I really supposed to think that she has seduced a pseudo-sexy vampire? Not me, that can't slip that one pass me!


I find myself just wishing I could fastforwad them...OMG!....they're totally taking up my hour! Shit! I mean really, all of the other characters are way more interesting than Sookie and Bill. Jason (and his fine ass) is definitely way more interesting than Sookie and Bill whining over some vampire beef that I could care less about. I LOVED Tara last season (even though she was the stereotypical "Black Bitch"...but she was just so damn FUNNY!!!! This season's she's too soft and vulnerable for my tastes....but I have enjoyed the whole MaryAnne and (Ok...so I just googled Tara's boyfriend, and apparently his name is....Eggs???) Eggs dynamic. Discovering that MaryAnne is a "maenad" had me online researching...what the hell exactly is a maenad?


As shocked as I am that I even enjoy this whole fantasy world filled with shape-shifters, vampires, "maenads", and telepaths... I'm even more surprised how much the main characters SUCK!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It's like you were thinking what I was thinking and posted a post on it. OMG, I love Lafayette too and miss the old him so much. I didn't know he was supposed to die, but now I do. Damn reading your whole post.

The Intellectual Diva said...

Right!!! Lafayette is, hands down, the BEST character on this show! I'm writing HBO...he needs a spinoff.