Monday, December 22, 2008

First Post

Hello World...and welcome.

At last I have finally joined the wonderful world of blogging. Of course I have a Facebook and Myspace page, just like many other fabulous suburban Negroes everywhere... but I just had to have my own corner of the world not polluted with advertisements and other useless garbage that has become such a fixture in our ever commercialized culture.

I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I am an intelligently ghetto librarian who has a unique point of view on the world about her. Yes...I am a her. I model myself after Ms. Fabulous herself...Michelle Obama: Claire Huxtable personified. Except, Mrs. Obama has way surpassed the fictitious Mrs. Huxtable. Michelle is a successful attorney. I beautiful fashionista mom who still finds the time to work out, all the while delivering a speech that rivals her historical husband. I am probably the hugest fan of Michelle, and get my caramel suburban ass up every day with the hope that maybe I can fulfill even one of her accomplishments!

I just graduated in May after seven long....long....loooooong years of undergrad. I have probably been through everything except imprisonment and a shooting in the course of graduation. But...(thank you Jesus!) I made it! I graduated with a bachelor of arts in Political Science...please hold the laughter...it's already apparent to me how useless this degree is. I would like to go to law school and become an attorney. ( I know, I know, the world still needs one more!)

Christmas is coming...and I am broke. I believe I did already mention I'm a librarian. The transportation costs alone eat up about one third of my salary! But...in this economy...at least I have a job.

0 comments: